Hydrolysis / removal of non-dietary fiber components
|Total Assay Time||
~ 3 hr work (over 2 days)
0.5-100% of sample weight
Food ingredients, food products and other materials
AOAC (Methods 2009.01 and 2011.25), AACC (Method 32-45.01 and
Megazyme Integrated Total Dietary Fiber Assay Kit, 100 assays
The Integrated Total Dietary Fiber test kit is suitable for the measurement and analysis of Integrated Total Dietary Fiber.
Updated to include resistant, branched maltodextrins as a component in dietary fiber.
K-INTDF- An Integrated Procedure (AOAC Method 2009.01 & 2011.25) for the measurement of Total Dietary Fiber (including resistant starch and non-digestible oligosaccharides). This method combines the key attributes of AOAC Official Methods of Analysis 2002.02, 985.29, 991.43, 2001.03.
Specific dietary fiber fractions are measured as follows:
1. Insoluble dietary fiber (IDF), Higher Molecular Weight Soluble Dietary Fiber (SDFP) and Lower Molecular Weight Soluble Dietary Fiber (SDFS) determination (AOAC Method 2011.25)
2. Total High Molecular Weight Dietary Fiber (HMWDF) and SDFS determination (AOAC Method 2009.01)
The enzymes used in these methods are of very high purity; they are effectively devoid of contaminating enzymes active on β-glucan, pectin and arabinoxylan.
For the determination of Total Dietary Fiber in cereal products, foodstuffs, feeds and other materials. CODEX Type I method (2011)
(Pancreatic α-amylase + amyloglucosidase)
(1) Non-resistant starch + H2O → D-glucose
(2) Protein + H2O → peptides
(3) IDF (including resistant starch) and alcohol precipitated
soluble DF (SDFP) determined gravimetrically
(4) Alcohol soluble DF (SDFS) determined by HPLC
(5) Ash and residual protein determined on DF residues