Response Time :
|Radio Power / Transmission Range||
1 mW (0 dBm) / Approximately 30.5 m (100 ft) line-of-sight
|Wireless Data Standard||
Bluetooth Smart (Bluetooth Low Energy, Bluetooth 4.0)
|Logger Operating Range||
-20° to 70°C (-4° to 158°F) in air
1 second to 18 hours
|Buoyancy (Fresh Water)||
2g (0.07 oz) positive
To 30.5 m (100 ft)
CR2032 3V lithium, user replaceable
1 year typical at 25°C (77°F) with logging interval of 1 minute and Bluetooth Always On in software.
2 years typical at 25°C (77°F) with logging interval of 1 minute and Bluetooth Always Off in software.
Faster logging intervals and statistics sampling intervals, burst logging, remaining connected with the app, excessive downloads, and paging may impact battery life.
To ensure proper battery installation, see Battery Information for detailed instructions on replacing the battery.
± 1 minute per month at 25°C (77°F)
|Full Memory Download||
Approximately 45 seconds; may take longer the farther the device is from the logger
Polypropylene case, EPDM O-ring
3.35 x 5.64 x 1.8 cm (1.32 x 2.22 x 0.69 inches)
12.75 g (.45 oz)
HOBO Pendant® MX Temperature/Light Data Logger
The HOBO MX2202 waterproof temperature/light level logger leverages the power of Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) to deliver accurate temperature and light-level measurements straight to your iOS or Android mobile device. Designed for durability, this compact waterproof logger is ideal for measuring temperature in streams, lakes, oceans, and soil environments. Data collection in the field has never been easier!
- New light sensor offering more accurate light intensity readings for light in the visible light spectrum
- Convenient wireless setup and download via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- Large memory stores 96,000 measurements
- Waterproof to 30 meters (100 feet)
- User-replaceable battery
- Mounting tabs for fast, easy deployment
- LED alarm notifies you when temperature exceeds set threshold
- Works with Onset’s free HOBOmobile app
- ±0.5°C (±0.9°F) temperature accuracy and ±10% light accuracy typical for direct sunlight
In what environment does this data logger operate?
This data logger operates in indoor, outdoor and underwater environments.
What measurements does this data logger support?
The MX2201 data logger supports the following measurements: Light Intensity, Temperature and Water Temperature